2022 Schedule of Free History Tours and Sponsors
- Bay City Fireworks Festival Committee – June 27 – 30, 2022 (reservations open June 13)
- Bay County Realtor Association – July 4 – 7, 2022 (reservations open June 20)
- Krzysiak House Restaurant – July 11 – 14, 2022 (reservations open June 27)
- Ieuter Insurance Group – July 18-21, 2022 (reservations open July 4)
- 1st State Bank – July 25 – 28, 2022 (reservations open July 11)
- Free to the public thanks to generous local sponsors
- Live tour guide shares the history of our community and the river
- Routes running downriver M-W and upriver T-Th
- Tours depart at 10am and return at 12pm
- Advance reservations recommended
- Reservations open up to two weeks ahead, offered online only
- Reservations limited to 4 tickets per household
- Reservations limited to one tour date per household this summer
- No groups please, see Friday and Saturday afternoon tours for group reservations
- Stand-by available at the dock, just before tour
- Interested in helping fund the tours to keep them free? Donate via Paypal
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Can I Bring on the Tour? Cameras, phones, binoculars, jackets and blankets are all welcome.
What Should I Leave at Home? Food and beverage, coolers, weapons, pocket-knives, pets and large bags are not allowed. We inspect all items before guests board.
Can I Buy Snacks on Board? Yes, we have a snack bar with bottled water, soft drinks, chips and candy, beer and wine.
What Happens if it Rains? We cruise rain or shine and have sheltered areas on both decks. Cancellation for weather is rare and limited to severe circumstances. In the unlikely event of cancellation, we will notify you by email shortly before the tour.
How Do I Make Changes to My Reservation? If you need to change passenger names, cancel your reservation, or change your reservation date, please reply to the email confirmation you received when placing your order and request the change. We will make the correction and you will receive an email confirming the update.
Is the Boat Handicap Accessible? No, but there is limited access for handicapped individuals, depending on your needs. Most guests with walkers and wheelchairs can board the vessel with assistance, however, the only restrooms on board are small and must be reached by walking up a flight of stairs. There is a handrail on the stairs. Please contact Michelle Judd at 989-891-2628 to discuss your particular situation.
I Have a Group, Can You Accommodate Us? The free tours are open to household and individuals and limited to 4 per party. If you have a group traveling together, such as church group, family reunion or social group, and need more than 4 tickets, please consider our Weekday Afternoon River Tour or Saturdays on the Saginaw Tour, which have no ticket limit. If your group has at least 30 persons, contact us for private charter options.
Do You Make Any Exceptions for Non-Profits? If you are a non-profit that assists under-served persons with and your primary purpose is NOT social or fellowship, fill out our online form to be considered for additional tickets.
What Else Should I Know? There is no smoking abroad the Princess Wenonah or Islander, per State Law.